Thursday, January 03, 2008

thanksgiving

Time flies. I'm back from the 15-day trip only wishing that I could stay longer.

Outlooking from Mount Olives view point, visiting Gethsemane, Mount Hermon, climbing the Mount Sinai, looking over to Canaan from Mount Nebo.... these experiences have helped me to understand the Bible in a totally different way.

And the sharings by ME & JS have revealed God's amazing plan. I'm so excited about the Noah's Ark Project!

The trip also gave me some insight on making decisions with eternal values and that are pleasing in God's eyes.

The thoughts and emotions are so overwhelming that I was still in the Middle-East world in my dream. There are just too much to talk about so probably I cannot blog about them all. But please pray for me that the passion God has kindled with this trip will continue to burn and change my life.

Tonight, I received JS's email telling me about the violence after the election in Kenya. Some friends would know that my original holiday plan was to visit JS in Kenya. But after some discussion and schedule matching, we decided to go to the Holyland together first and then I visit Kenya in coming March instead. At the same time, JS was struggling with her air ticket and need to stay behind after the tour longer than she wished to.

Now, both of us know what is happening. If I visited Kenya as originally planned, I would have got caught in the terrible situation. If JS could book an earlier flight, she will have trouble to go home from the airport as the road to/from airport is one of the areas having problems. God has delivered us from the dangers and blessed us with a life-changing trip.

What can I do except giving thanks to our Holy God?

No comments: