Thursday, February 01, 2007

Royce Chocolate

What is more comforting and sweetening than having a piece of really good chocolate when you're blue or simply hungry??

Chocolate is my comfort food. Although my size doesn't allow me to indulge too much into this heaven food, excusing myself for a small piece (or two.. or may be three...) of nice dark chocolate always gives a boost to my spirit.

Since quota applies, I got to learn choosing only those truely satisfying ones.
Rules of thumb:
  1. No vegetable fat in the ingredients -- it only adds the calories and helps the manufacturer to reduce cost. Does no good to the taste and consumer's health.
  2. No praline or fillings-- it contains lots of artificial flavoring and extra sugar.
  3. Dark chocolate -- milk actually offset the benefit of cocoa.

Among the supermarket brand, most brands like Cadbury, M&Ms are out. Lindt is good!

There are also some pricy famous brands around, but my favorite is Royce which is sold in CitySuper. It is not as expensive as Godiva or such, but very satisfying.

Their "Pure Chocolate" only contains cocoa mass, cocoa butter, sugar and milk powder -- the only ingredients necessary to make good chocolate; and their "Nama Chocolate" is heart-meltingly smooth!

No comments: